Methodological Note: Export Opportunity Index
The index is calculated by weighing four variables:
|Total value of Italian exports to the country||2018||Istat|
Average growth rate of Italian exports to the country
|2015-2022||ISTAT and Oxford Economics projections|
Concentration of the country's imports
Italian share of the country's imports
|Latest available for the country||UN Comtrade|
- The average growth rate of Italian exports considered is:
- up to 2022 for the markets where SACE has projections (63 countries, included in the Export Report);
- up to 2018 for the remaining countries;
- The variable in question is the Partner concentration of trade (import figure) of the United Nations;
- The score for Italy's share of the country's global imports is calculated emphasizing the intermediate market shares (between 2% and 4%), which indicate a strong Italian presence and the potential for increasing share.
In a few cases, regarding marginal countries, the score is further adjusted by a qualitative evaluation that reflects political and economic events.