We take equity participation in your foreign direct investments, providing additional financial resources to safely grow and expand into foreign markets.
SIMEST takes direct participation in up to 49% of the equity of foreign Italian subsidiary for a maximum duration of 8 years. If the company is established in a non-EU country, we can also offer interest rate subsidy.
SIMEST’s participation can be considered for establishing the company, for capital injection and/or M&A transactions
Who is it for
For all Italian companies establishing subsidiaries abroad, also in JV
- Additional source of financing
- Enhancement of the shareholding structure with an institutional partner supporting growth on international markets
- Equity participation exit conditions and timing agreed upon in advance
- Limit interest costs (for FDI outside the EU)
- Possibility to insure the investment against political risk with PRI policy