SACE promotes a company culture that will create value within and outside the organization, supporting activities involving the local communities.
In 2017 we were project leader of #adottaunaclasse, part of the “Push to Open” (P2O) program for students in their last years of high school to orient them to the world of work. The project, recognized as valid for the accreditation of 50 hours of school-work and/or training credits, exceeds the traditional school-work initiatives because it combines the use of an e-learning platform, live streaming, chatting, and in-house training workshops.
With a view to sharing the value created in the company, we decided to "adopt" 14 classes from the "disadvantaged" upper secondary schools in a few Italian cities (Bari, Naples, Rome, Urbino, Florence and Rho) where we have an office, thus enabling 250 students to participate in the program free of charge, combining corporate social responsibility with community service.
In the area of training we also support:
- a scholarship program to finance the education of two "enemy" students hosted by Rondine cittadella per the pace, international student residence that each year hosts 30 students from areas of conflict
- two scholarships for the Work Summer School for People for young researchers in relational studies
- one scholarship for The Outstanding Student, that rewards talented upper secondary school students
SACE has also supported health research and prevention, collaborating with:
- the Fondazione Veronesi for the “Nutrition and Health” project
- Komen Italia to permit programs to prevent female tumors in financially and socially disadvantaged women
The company has also developed a traditional presence at Race for the Cure, a solidarity and fund-raising event supporting breast cancer research, and contributed to the “Theater and Music Rehabilitation” program of the Lega del Filo d’Oro, aimed at developing potential in persons affected by deafness and blindness and multiple psychosensory disabilities.
SACE also promotes days devoted to blood donation in our Rome and Milan offices in collaboration with Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù and AVIS, respectively.
Lastly, SACE is a Corporate Golden Donor of the Fondo Ambiente Italiano (FAI), which protects Italy's artistic and natural heritage.